- Description: This is an inspirational montage. I used two pictures and blended them to go with my quote.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills, Steps taken while designing): I started out with two pictures. I then cropped the picture of the girl. I added a mask to that picture and began to blend with the opacity down to 39%. I did this until I got the desired effect and the image was blended with the background. I then added the text and brought it to the foreground.
- Message: The message is to inspire people to pray more often or to not focus so much on the world and more of the spirit. I took a quote from the scriptures.
- Audience: The audience would be adults who are religious.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned how to mask images and how to blend them.
- Filter / Colorization used and where it was applied: I took the picture and used some gaussian blur to make the picture look glowy.
- Color scheme Tetradic and color names: Blue, orange, gold
- Title Font Name Verdana & Category: Sans Serif
- Copy Font Name Rage Italic & Category: Script
- Thumbnails of Images used:
- Sources (Links to images on original websites / with title of site):
- Description: Learn basic photography skills and how to use a color scheme.
- Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I first went about taking pictures. I took several and picked a few of my favorites. I then took the best one and tried to incorporate an idea out it. Once I had my idea I looked at the colors in the photo and chose a color scheme from it. I used my Samsung Galaxy 3 to take the pictures and I used photoshop to enhance the image. I used sharpen, saturation, vibrance, and levels. I used a little gaussian blur in it as well. I used the tutorials posted on I-Learn and did my best to put together the finished product.
- Message: The message is to inform Young Women that there’s a conference coming soon. It gives an inspirational quote on self worth.
- Audience: The audience is directed to young women in the church.
- Top Thing Learned: I learned the value of whitespace and contrast. I was using too much in a small space. I was also not giving my quote enough contrast. I also learned how to take decent pictures.
- Color scheme and color names: Monochromatic; Red, Pink, Fuchsia
- Title Font Name & Category: Myriad Pro: Sans Serif;
- Copy Font Name & Category: Myriad Pro: Sans Serif;
- Thumbnail of original, unedited image inserted
- Date and location you took the photo(s) 5-20-14; BYU-I Heart Building
I had fun taking these pictures. I hiked up ‘R’ mountain and took a nice shot of the scenery below me. I made sure to focus on the sky. I then took a picture of my roommate at the top. The lighting was nice and the sky was so blue that day. I had a great time figuring out PhotoShop as well. All of the different settings were interesting and fun to learn.
I took a picture of the tulips outside of the Heart building. I thought they were so beautiful. I especially loved the color. It was cloudy that day so the lighting wasn’t that great.
It was a struggle trying to take a picture of the indoor lighting. I couldn’t find the right placement and the lighting was terrible. Being inside a closed off apartment isn’t the best source of light, but I tried my best with what I had.
Overall I enjoyed taking these pictures and I think this assignment will definitely help me improve in figuring out good composition.
•(Programs/tools/skills) : Microsoft Word
• Message: Help the Rexburg Fire Department by being involved in an auction.
• Audience: Young adults and up. Rexburg community members.
• Top thing learned: I used a scanner for the first time and now I know how to use one.
• Colors scheme and color names: Orange and Blue;
• Title/Copy font & category listed: Title- Calibri and Bella Donna
• Scanned image on post:
• Source: Ensign
Description: This is my Project 1 flier. I was given materials to use for this project and was asked to put it together. The flier is promoting the Graduate Leadership Conference.
Process (Programs, Tools, Skills): I used InDesign to put together this entire project.
Message: The message is to promote a Graduate Leadership Conference. It tries to communicate leadership and an opportunity to learn how to be a leader.
Audience: The audience are graduating seniors who are looking to gain job opportunities.
Top Thing Learned: I learned that asking questions can only help. I was unsure of spacing and sizing, but I learned that people are always willing to help. I now know how to receive good proportions when making a flier.
Title Font Name & Category: Title- Arial Regular; Category- Sans serif; Title- SnellBT; Category-Decorative
Copy Font Name & Category: Font- Arial Regular; Category- Sans serif
Links to images used in this project: